- If you love nature and outdoor recreation, MCE is absolutely the finest lifestyle available where you experience nature at its best. We see deer, elk, moose, and other species of wildlife out our windows and off our deck.
- MCE is surrounded by national forest on all but one corner so no one can ever build around us.
- MCE is a gated community with our own state-of-the-art fire equipment and we are one of 16 Idaho Firewise Communities.
- MCE offers plenty of privacy with just 30 (two to eight acre) home sites carefully situated on a 2.5 mile long valley in 200 acres of prime mountain real estate.
- MCE’s Operations Manager lives on-site to provide road maintenance, environmental enhancement and security.
- You can walk out your back door and be in the National Forest with trophy elk, moose and deer, and black bear. We control exclusive access to 2.5 miles of National Forest and 10s of thousands of acres.
- MCE is environmentally focused and walking through our spacious property easily differentiates us from the rest.
- The North Fork of the Salmon River runs through the length of the property to provide a great fly fishing experience.
- The entire river corridor has been donated to the Home Owners Association and can never be developed allowing homeowners and their guests exclusive opportunity to view the wildlife and flora in a pristine setting along the nearly three miles of GROOMED hiking / biking trail along the North Fork River.
- Common sense deed restrictions protect the integrity of the investment as well as the environment.
- One lot has been set aside for an emergency services building.
- Moose Creek Estate residents benefit from lower property insurance premiums as they are protected by the NFFPD Fire Department and Gibbonsville EMS services just 7 ½ mile from MCE.
Moose Creek Estates (MCE) THE Premier Rocky Mountain Real Estate FAQ’S
There is no requirement to build a home within a set time.
- There are nearly 3 million acres of public land in the local county where you can fish, hunt, 4-wheel, etc. The population of Lemhi County is only ~ 10K.
- The Salmon River is only 20 miles away and is world-famous for its whitewater rafting and salmon / steelhead fishing.
- Easy access to Moose Creek Estates from the very well maintained Highway 93 all four seasons of the year
- Commerial airport at Missoula, MT within 95 miles and local airport in Salmon, Idaho has a 5500' runway.
- Lost Trail Powder Mountain Ski Resort is only 4 miles up the road on the Idaho Montana border with its 25 runs, 5 lifts, 46 trails, & up to 2.5 mile runs.
- MCE is winthin easy access to many nearby amenities including dining, shopping, the Arts, golfing, many different clubs of interest, hospital and great services along with many FINE contractors to build the home of your dreams.
- The lots that have been sold are for a combination of retirement residences and second home sites.
- As owner, Bob is not a developer by trade. Where a developer would come in and spend the minimum amount of money for curb appeal, sell the lots, and move on. He is a retired executive who loves this valley. He has spent several million dollars on environmental enhancement, etc. that a regular developer would never spend. The property reflects that.
- Owner financing is available
We welcome you to visit us and see this incredible property for yourself!
Looking for a little piece of Heaven on Earth? Moose Creek Estates might just be THE PLACE for you. Nestled deep in the woods, backing up to a National Forest, this pristine land offers beautiful trees, streams and wildlife. The developers are fighting mightily to maintain and even improve upon what Nature so generously has given us. We were impressed with the conservation program and plans for further expansion. Each homesite is unique.
We visited in the "Dead of Winter" and experienced the beauty of fresh fallen snow glistening in the moonlight as we sat dreamily by a warm fire, wine glasses in hand, snug as the proverbial bugs in a rug. The air is crisp, the sky is vast and the people are unbelievably friendly. What's more, they are anxious to share their little slice of paradise with those lucky enough to be invited. We met so many talented craftsmen and women who shared their knowledge of this unsung area of Idaho. We are anxious to return to experience this wonderful spot in other seasons as well!